On April 29th, UCLA Chancellor Gene Block and president pro tempore of the California Senate, Kevin de León, are scheduled to speak at the “Moving Forward in Education” symposium at UCLA in an attempt to respond to the question of “What can we do?” in the age of Trump.
The Democratic Socialists of America will hold a teach-in directly outside of the symposium to provide an answer: sanctuary for all!
Join us on Saturday morning to learn about the sanctuary movement, and how the fight for sanctuary relates to other liberation struggles in our communities.
Speakers include organizers from:
• National Day Laborer Organizing Network (NDLON)
• Koreatown Immigrant Workers Alliance (KIWA)
• Koreatown Popular Assembly
• UCLA Chicana/o Studies Social Justice Caucus
• UCLA Student Labor Advocacy Project
• IDEAS, undocumented student activists
• DSA-LA Sanctuary City Working Group
Talks will be interspersed with singing breaks provided by the UCLA Labor Choir. Snacks & water will be provided.
- April 29, 2017 at 10am to 1pm
Moore Hall, UCLA (Southeast Corner)
2053 Moore Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095
View on Google Maps
- Spencer Frei
- 2 people are going