Please join the Political Education Committee as we finalize the syllabus for our class series on imperialism. Most of our attention will be on choosing more locations for "Modern Case Studies" module. Possibilities under consideration with accompanying articles to be discussed include:
- Puerto Rico
- Rashid I. Khalidi - "Historical Landmarks in the Hundred Years' War on Palestine"
- From the Heartland of Empire: a Roundtable on Palestinian Solidarity and Struggle in America - specifically looking at comments under "Israel and International Settler-Colonialism"
- Greg Shupak - "No to War on Iran"
- The EU-Greece Relationship
- Panagiotis Sotiris and Spyros Sakellaropoulos - "European Union as Class Project and Imperialist Strategy"
- Richard Seymour - "Syriza: the denouement"
- Hong Kong
We are currently seeking facilitators for all class modules, which include (1.) Imperialism from the Industrial Revolution through WWII, (2.) Imperialism from WWII to today, (3.) Imperialism and the National Question, and (4.) Modern Case Studies on Imperialism. If you have experience or interest in guiding discussions for this class, please attend!
- July 20, 2019 at 11am to 1pm
3303 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90010
View on Google Maps
- 8 people are going