Spring is just around the corner and its a perfect time to look at what’s on the horizon and celebrate some victories for DSA-LA! Join us at our next chapter meeting where we’ll hear more about the impact of the UTLA teachers’ strike, our Housing and Homelessness Committee’s Street Watch initiative, and the Jackie Goldberg campaign for School Board.
Now that he has officially announced his candidacy, we will also discuss Bernie’s presidential run and then get a little training from members of our Child Watch team and Mutual Aid committee to make our chapter more accessible to parents and kids!
If you're a new member, you can also join one of our new member meet & greets before the meeting at 2:30 p.m. RSVP here.
Child watch will also be provided at this meeting, but we always need members to step up and volunteer for a 45 minute shift! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or to sign up.
Join us in Monarch Hall! Click here for access to the campus map.
- LAVC is accessible via Metro bus lines 154, 156, 167, and 656.
- Orange Line stops at the Valley College Station.
- The nearest stop via the Red Line is the North Hollywood Station.
- You can find out more here: https://www.metro.net/riding/colleges/lavc/.
- A day pass at all of LAVC's parking lots costs $2. The day pass can be bought at the parking machines at any of the parking lots.
- For cash payments, please have exact change, as the machines do not give change.
- Many parking lots and structures only accept exact cash payments. For convenience, the two closest parking lots/structures have been circled in red below.
- One is called "Parking Structure" and is on Ethel Street.
- The other is called "Lot A". It is accessible via Fulton Avenue or Burbank Boulevard.
- They both have parking machines that accept credit card and cash payments.
- For more information on parking, please head to: LAVC's Parking Information.
- March 16, 2019 at 3pm to 6pm
Los Angeles Valley College - Monarch Hall
5800 Fulton Ave
Valley Glen, CA 91401
View on Google Maps