It’s time to elect a new leadership body for our Chapter’s Local Subgroups (Committee and Working Groups)! In January, DSA Los Angeles will be holding elections for the next Committee and Working Group leadership, whose terms will be one year and begin in January 2020.
- Sunday, December 29th: Candidate filing period opens. All candidacy submission forms and candidate eligibility information can be found here.
Sunday, January 12th at 11:59PM: Candidate filing period closes.
- UPDATE: The candidate filing period for the Agit-Prop, Electoral Politics and YDSA Committees have been extended to Wednesday, January 15th at 11:59PM. The candidate filing period for the Housing and Homelessness Committee has been extended to Saturday, January 18th.
- Tuesday, January 21st:Voting period opens. Ballots will be sent out via email to each Subgroup membership voting list, based on that Committee/WG's voting eligibility criteria and the membership lists.
- Monday, January 27th: Voting period closes.
- Tuesday, January 28th: Election results released.
Candidate statements for all Local Subgroups can be found here (candidate statements will be released on this page on January 13th).
GET TO KNOW THE CANDIDATES
Each individual Committee/Working Group may choose to arrange its own separate meeting, forum, or discussion for their leadership candidates. These meetings/discussion will be required to be made available to the entire membership via Zoom call. You can view all scheduled Committee/Working Group election-related discussions or meeting here (this page will be updated on an ongoing basis).
According to the bylaws, Nominations Committee is responsible for administering the elections for Local Subgroups. As discussed at Convention, only members of a Subgroup will vote in that Subgroup's leadership elections. For example, only members of the Healthcare Justice Committee will vote in the Healthcare Justice Committee leadership elections and will not be able to vote in the Labor Committee leadership elections unless they are also a member of the Labor Committee. This means that Nominations Committee will be sending out individual Committee/Working Group ballots to those Subgroup membership lists, based on that Committee/WG's voting eligibility criteria and membership lists.