As we gear up for the upcoming teachers strike set to kick off on Jan. 10, the Electoral Politics Committee has also voted to recommend the chapter endorse Jackie Goldberg for the March 5 special election for the fifth district of the LA Unified School District board.
Our January Chapter Meetings will be devoted to this important proposal to endorse Goldberg for School Board. Join us to hear from Goldberg herself (in-person at the Central branch and live-streamed to the Westside and Valley).
Come hear about her vision for the school district, and what an endorsement would involve for DSA-LA. Members have the opportunity to provide statements for or against the endorsement, to be published publicly online on a rolling basis. After the chapter meetings, dues-paying members will vote electronically on whether or not to officially endorse Goldberg until 11:59 p.m. on January 16. Click here for more info.
Join us in Monarch Hall! Click here for access to the campus map.
- LAVC is accessible via Metro bus lines 154, 156, 167, and 656.
- Orange Line stops at the Valley College Station.
- The nearest stop via the Red Line is the North Hollywood Station.
- You can find out more here: https://www.metro.net/riding/colleges/lavc/.
- A day pass at all of LAVC's parking lots costs $2. The day pass can be bought at the parking machines at any of the parking lots.
- For cash payments, please have exact change, as the machines do not give change.
- Many parking lots and structures only accept exact cash payments. For convenience, the two closest parking lots/structures have been circled in red below.
- One is called "Parking Structure" and is on Ethel Street.
- The other is called "Lot A". It is accessible via Fulton Avenue or Burbank Boulevard.
- They both have parking machines that accept credit card and cash payments.
- For more information on parking, please head to: LAVC's Parking Information.
- January 12, 2019 at 3pm to 6pm
Los Angeles Valley College - Monarch Hall
5800 Fulton Ave
Valley Glen, CA 91401
View on Google Maps