With 1.2 million rent-burdened tenants and over 53,000 unhoused people in LA County, there is unprecedented urgency to address the housing and homelessness crisis with stronger renter protections, but the Costa-Hawkins Rental Housing Act significantly limits our ability to do so. That's why DSA-LA is committed to fighting for its repeal alongside a powerful grassroots coalition through the Affordable Housing Act — and why we made the campaign a chapter-wide priority at our Annual Convention.
Help us ramp up our efforts this weekend, as we hit the streets and knock on doors to talk to Angelenos about tenants' rights.
Meet-up Locations (Click hyperlinks to RSVP for each individual canvass location):
- Echo Park: Echo Park Recreation Center - 1639 Bellevue Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90026 (Meet at picnic tables near the playground)
- Hollywood: Ground Game Office - 5617 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028
- Northeast LA: Highland Park Station - 203 N Ave 58, Los Angeles, CA 90042
- North Hollywood: Amelia Earhart Library - 5211 Tujunga Ave, North Hollywood, CA 91601
- Pasadena: Caltech Y - 505 S Wilson Ave, Pasadena, CA 91106
- Westside: Woodbine Park - 3409 Vinton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90034
- August 04, 2018 at 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Various Locations
DSA-LA Housing Justice