With 1.2 million rent-burdened tenants and over 53,000 unhoused people in LA County, there is unprecedented urgency to address the housing and homelessness crisis with stronger renter protections, but the Costa-Hawkins Rental Housing Act significantly limits our ability to do so. That's why DSA-LA is committed to fighting for its repeal alongside a powerful grassroots coalition through the Affordable Housing Act — and why we made the campaign a chapter-wide priority at our Annual Convention.
Help us ramp up our efforts this weekend, as we hit the streets and knock on doors to talk to Angelenos about tenants' rights.
Meet-up Locations (Click hyperlinks to RSVP for each individual canvass location):
- Echo Park: Echo Park Lake - 1709 Park Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90026 (Meet at picnic tables near the playground)
- Hollywood: Ground Game Office - 5617 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028
- Northeast LA: Sycamore Grove Park - 4702 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042 (Park in the small parking lot on S Ave 49 or on N Figueroa St. We'll be at or near the picnic tables)
- North Hollywood: North Hollywood Park - 11430 Chandler Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91601 (We'll be in the grass on Chandler a little bit past Tujunga)
- Pasadena: Caltech Gardens - 391 S Wilson Ave, Pasadena, CA 91106
- Westside: Woodbine Park - 3409 Vinton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90034
- June 23, 2018 at 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Various Locations TBD