Join us at Van Nuys City Hall for the LA City Council meeting to make public comment and call on Los Angeles to support the permanent shut down of Aliso Canyon gas storage facility. We will also call on elected offiials to put LADWP to work to get off Aliso Canyon.
- Introduce and Pass a Motion at LA City Council to support the permanent shut down of Aliso Canyon
- Direct LADWP to implement more programs to eliminate the need for Aliso Canyon such as gas conservation, demand response, more local solar, etc.
- Los Angeles must do its own independent study on energy reliability without Aliso Canyon.
- LAUSD supports the permanent shut down of Aliso Canyon - voted unanimously in Nov 2016
- LA County hired an independent consultant to review Aliso Canyon and found Aliso isn't necessary for energy reliability this upcoming summer and winter and injections are not needed
- LADWP worked last year to adopt mitigation measures on saving energy/gas without Aliso Canyon This needs to be expanded and re-adopted. LADWP needs to be more aggressive in actively getting off Aliso Canyon.
Come at 9am for a gathering with Press and review talking points.
Meeting starts at 10am. Public comment somewhere between 10am-12pm.
- April 21, 2017 at 9am to 12pm
Van Nuys City Hall
14410 Sylvan St
Van Nuys, CA 91401
View on Google Maps