DSA-LA’s Political Education Committee is excited to invite all DSA-LA members and DSA-curious folks to a SOCIALIST DAY SCHOOL on November 10th-11th! The event will run from 6:30-9:30PM on the 10th and from 9:30AM-4:00PM on November 11.
Modeled after NYC’s Socialist Day School, this event promises the opportunity for new and seasoned socialists alike to come together for engaging speakers and discussion with comrades on topics like:
- What is Socialism? Can it replace capitalism?
- How have people struggled for socialism in U.S. history?
- What have been their victories and their defeats, and what can we learn from their stories?
Speakers and moderators will guide attendees through panels that span the time of Eugene Deb’s Socialist Party to anti-war movements in the 1960s, labor militancy in the 1970s, to the early days of DSA, and end with a discussion on the emerging new left.
A full line-up of speakers and recommended readings will be shared in advance of the event.
Child watch and lunch will be available on site on Saturday, and public transit & carpooling to the venue is strongly encouraged!
No one will be turned away from the event due to lack of funds, but donations (at the various levels detailed below), are strongly encouraged:
- $5.45: donation to cover basic attendance
- $10.60: donation to cover attendance + a nurturing lunch
- $15.75: sustaining donation: covers attendance, lunch, and basic attendance for a comrade
- $25: Open donation: any additional funds raised will support printing, coffee, and any manner of surprise treats to be unveiled at the Day School.
- Free: Low income tickets – please RSVP on this page
- November 10, 2017 at 6:30pm to November 11, 2017
First Unitarian Church of Los Angeles
2936 W 8th St
Los Angeles, CA 90005
View on Google Maps
- $5.45 USD