Events starting with "DSA-LA" are official events hosted by the Democratic Socialists of America - Los Angeles. Other events are in solidarity with local organizations and movements.
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 6:30 PM
- Echo Park
Check out and add anything you'd like to discuss to our agenda here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nm6Jqe0-KqifWolsdhgjt2LVPt8ASn4OQysO489soI8/edit?usp=sharing
- Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 8:00 AM
- Audubon Middle School in Los Angeles, CA
Join our coalition partners and us for a powerful Saturday with local activists and national leaders as we focus on combating gentrification, promoting community wealth building and demanding development without displacement. Convening Organizations (partial list): AIDS Healthcare Foundation, Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment - Los Angeles, Black Community Clergy & Labor Alliance, CDTech, Crenshaw Subway Coalition, Eviction Defense Network, Fannie Lou Hamer Institute, Los Angeles Community Action Network
- Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 4:00 PM
- National Lawyers Guild in Culver City, CA
Your Constitutional rights are like a shield, and direct action is your sword. One without the other isn't enough!
This presentation will focus on your Constitutional rights in protest situations, picket line situations and also on law enforcement encounters that may occur in your day-to-day life. In addition, there will be a Q & A session so please come prepared with questions.
- Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Time subject to change once location is confirmed.
Join the Political Education Committee and be a part of our new series of projects, specifically:
1) Issue-specific educational collaborations with other committees.
2) Socialist history education efforts specific to LA.
3) Resources for learning about socialist traditions and theory.
4) Socialist lending library!
Join us for DSA-LA's last chapter meeting of 2017! Child watch will be available.